These filling and tasty snacks couldn’t be simpler. Make a batch at the weekend and you’re good to go for quick breakfast or lunchbox snacks.
Ingredients (makes 10 large bars)
8 tbsp porridge oats
12 tbsp self raising flour
9 tbsp icing sugar
1 handful dried cranberries*
1 handful flaked almonds*
1 handful chocolate chunks*
8 tbsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 170oC
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the oil and milk and mix to a stiff dough.
- Press into a greased baking tin, 7″ x 10″ or similar.
- Bake for 25 mins.
- Turn out and slice when cool.
* Swap for what you fancy. How about Raisins and pumpkin seeds?
Cinnamon and diced apple?
Cherries and coconut?